"Hometown Tradition" Does NOT Continue At WCCM

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed May 16 14:31:57 EDT 2007

That program usually invloves area business owners discussing rewal estate,
travel, the items THEY'RE PROMOTING.

>Lou Blasi still hosts a local talk program (Hotline) at Noon.

Ooops...today (Wednesday) he had a big-business type from an international
group discussing world oil prices.

>Ronnie Ford still hosts a local talk program (Ronnie Ford's Byline)
>at 2. While there is Client Spotlight programming mixed into the
>programming day, there is still local radio happening at WCCM.
>(Altho I will admit, that I do miss Marc Lemay in the mornings with
>The Open Mic and his smattering of news) but that's the breaks when
>it comes to the demise of local radio. People move on, positions
>don't get filled...

"Smattering of news"?  That's the gravamen of the original post.
Local radio should provide more than just a smattering of news
especially with regard to local news that's in the national headlines.

=