Adventure Car Hop is the Place to Go

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue May 15 01:14:20 EDT 2007

Heck, that was going on as recently as several years ago, when I was
still working in commercial radio.  When stations didn't have a lot of
swag to give away at an appearance, they would bring along their "box
of crap" (EVERY music station had one) which included cassettes, CD
singles of chart stiffs and full length discs from artists with one
minor hit on it.  I never liked to hand that stuff out because most
listeners would leave disappointed.  To me it wasn't worth it to send a
listener away from a remote unhappy.  It usually meant losing them as a
listener and/or the client losing them as a customer.

Nowadays in the digital file-sharing era, labels don't like to give
stations free product for giveaways anymore.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"