Would syndicating WEEI in northern New England work?

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Mon May 14 13:43:08 EDT 2007

Dan Strassberg wrote:
> You've seen those posters--kinda 3D maps, with Boston at the bottom center,
> 128 a little more than half way up, 495 about 80% of the way up, and
> California right near the top?

Funny, that was precisely the mental image I had as I penned my
response!  And as for Burlington, first-time visitors flew into BTV.  I
drove them down Shelburne Road (Route 7 south) and suddenly Shelburne
(wait for it) ENDED.  Then, it's open fields that appear seemingly out
of nowhere (occasional McMansions, etc.) and, yes, cows (occasional
alpacas.  Alpacas spit at visitors.)

When Carr was still on WVMT (620 Burlington) I selfishly enjoyed the
show because it was a touch of home.  You just don't get many "Hi
Howie-howaya-Howie-howyadoin-long-time-first-time-Howie." And that's
just the "hello."  It was evident that Howie had absolutely no clue that
oblique Hub political references were lost on Vermonters' ears.
Frankly, even local stations here don't regard local Vermont politics as
a full-contact sport.

Let's face it, Vermonters are all sleeping better today - the state
legislature wrapped up for the year this past Friday.  It's safe to move
about now.  I have an office here on Elm Street in Montpelier. On Friday
you could see the pols in suits all walking up the hill to the final
session ... and packing up the cars ready to head back over the mountain.

Bill O'Neill