WLLH-AM Lawrence Facility To Remain Silent For A While

Dale H. Cook radiotest@cox.net
Sun May 6 07:46:54 EDT 2007

At 12:58 AM 5/6/2007, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>This thread makes me curious to know whether WBZ-WBZA had any special
>synchronization in place when they were both in operation.

They did. I would have to do some digging to uncover the details, but
IIRC, a submultiple of one transmitter's oscillator was fed via phone
loop to the other site, where it was multiplied back up. Also, IIRC,
the program audio at the originating end was delayed before being fed
to that transmitter so that the modulation at both ends would match in phase.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml