WLLH-AM Lawrence Facility To Remain Silent For A While

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun May 6 00:58:13 EDT 2007

On 5 May 2007 at 23:32, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Many modern transmitters are designed to be phase-locked to UTC(GPS)
> (and ISTR that this is a requirement for IBOC); I would expect that
> even having a particularly good crystal is no longer required, so long
> as the GPS (or IS-95 cellular base station) signal is reliable.

This thread makes me curious to know whether WBZ-WBZA had any special
synchronization in place when they were both in operation.  I
remember when we lived in Albany and used to drive in to Boston a
couple of times a year, we would hear WBZ-WBZA on the car radio, and
we couldn't really tell where one station left off and the other
began.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581