Don Imus Sues CBS

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri May 4 19:05:38 EDT 2007

>>His defence:  CBS had delay in place plus the ability to bleep/ censor
him - yet didn't use it.<<

>From what I've read in the various news accounts of this lawsuit, there
is considerably more to it than that.  Allegedly his contract contained
rather specific language on what sort of show he was to provide CBS...a
satirical, pushing-the-envelope, edgy, biting type of show...IOW,
exactly what he was doing.  It also supposedly stated that he could not
be fired without a formal warning, which his lawyer claims he didn't
get.  He's asking for $40 million.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF