The Jibguy's ratings

Aaron Read readaaron@friedbagels.com
Thu May 3 12:30:13 EDT 2007

This begs a question I've often wondered?  Is the WJIB "Model of
Success" portable to another signal?

For example, let's say (in a parallel universe) Peter Smyth looks at
WJIB and looks at WBOS and decides that it's time for the "format of the
month" to come to an end, and he wants to hire Bob to run WBOS *exactly*
like WJIB.   Not just the programming, but also the managerial freedom.

Assuming, for a moment, that Bob would take the job...could you pick up
WJIB's programming (lack of commercials and all), drop it on WBOS, and
still have it work?

Would the "ban" of commercials be too hindering to justify the rent on
the Pru anymore?

--

Aaron Read

Anyone else notice the 12+ numbers that just came out? Our good friend
Mr. Bittner didn't just crack a 1-share...he apparently has more
listeners 12+ than WFNX or WXRV, and is gaining on WBOS!

I wonder if this isn't the most impressive ratings performance by a
one-man station in history?