1320 Randolph

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Tue May 1 17:19:32 EDT 2007

"The Zone" WXZO (96.7 Plattsburg)//WEAV (960 Burlington) saying it has
added WTSJ (1320 Randolph) to the simulcast.  The Randolph 1kW had been
simulcasting WTSL in the Upper Valley.  Prior to that 1320 simulcast
1380 in Rutland.  Listeners to the 1320 signal will lose the morning
show but most of the remainder of the day is the same with WXZO (Glenn
Beck, Rush) and will gain Hannity.

1320 does a decent job for a kW. The Greens in that neck of the woods
are unforgiving to FM signals that lack any appreciable HAAT, but AMers
like WDEV (550 Waterbury) and WTSJ (whose calls days are likely
numbered) roll up and over "the gaps" with ease.  I drive a LOT
throughout Vermont and must say that AMers have bailed me out many a
time when trying to keep up with a talker conversation, sporting event, etc.

Bill O'Neill