Herald: WBCN wooing Dennis, Callahan, "guy talk"?

John Francini francini@mac.com
Wed Mar 28 07:30:41 EST 2007

Well, I'd like to think that moving D&C off of WEEI *might* be a Good
Thing (tm) -- because I can't stand it when they talk about anything
OTHER than sports -- I bet that all WEEI will do is find *another*
pair of talkers who will talk about all sorts of random crap that I
really don't care about.  If I cared, I'd be listening to WRKO or
96.9.

D&C are actually quite good when they stick to what they know best.
Once they wander off into the weeds outside the "toy store" of life,
they show their ignorance and narrow-mindedness -- Callahan
especially.

So go off to WBCN -- a station I don't listen to except for Patriots
broadcasts anyway, because what passes for "rock" on their playlists
doesn't deserve the title.

And while they're at it, corporate Entercom should go to corporate
New York Times, Inc. and do whatever needs to be done -- including
cash payments, if need be -- to end this stupid boycott that prevents
Globe columnists like Dan Shaugnessy, Bob Ryan, etc. from appearing
on WEEI programs.  All this boycott does is make the Globe look
foolish, provincial, and snotty.

John

--
John Francini, francini@mac.com

"The journey is more important than the destination -- that's part of life.
If you only live for getting to the end, you're almost always disappointed."
                               -- Donald Knuth