[B-R-I] Pru's Xmtr Coordinates And GoogleMap

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:04:23 EST 2007

Alright, here is one for B-R-I's antenna/engineering gurus.
There are 7 stations on the Prudential Center's antenna (92.9, 96.9,
100.7, 104.1, 105.7, 106.7 and 107.9).
The official NAD83 coordinates are 42°20'50.35"N/71°4'57.18"W, or
+42.347319/-71.08255:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/asrn-within-radius?dlat=42&mlat=20&slat=50.00&ns=N&dlon=71&mlon=4&slon=59.00&ew=W&nad=27&radius=0.5

If you plug it into GoogleMap (here, via WikiMapia),

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=42347319&x=-71082550&z=19&l=0&m=a&v=1

the coordinate point appears to be in the 5th or 6th room from the left,
on the top or next to top floor!!——nowheres near the antenna's apparent
coordinate point, which I would say should be (given likely
dimensional/positional height perspective/distortion) somewheres about
where the white and red sections meet, +42.347741/-71.082458, or
42°20'51.87"N/71°4'56.85"W:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=42347741&x=-71082458&z=19&l=0&m=a&v=1

Is this legitimate offsetting (due to more dimensional/positional
distortion than is apparent), positioning error on GoogleMap's part, or
flawed coordinates (highly unlikely)?

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: