DST

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Mar 8 16:27:06 EST 2007

> > Larry Weil
> > WHDH/WLVI Master Control Operator
>
> Which reminds me... How do you handle the DST transitions in master?
> Is there a gap in the log, or do you just run straight
> through and make up the time difference at the end of the shift?
>
> -GAWollman

The station's master clock is set automatically by GPS at 2 AM.  But the log
continues until 5 AM when we change to the next broadcast day.

It is up to the programming department to omit or add an hour of programming
to the schedule when the change is made.  Both stations are local at the
time so nothing has to be interfaced with the networks.