FCC Rescinds New PSSAs and PSRAs

Ric Werme ewerme@comcast.net
Thu Mar 8 12:14:03 EST 2007

>Apparently, there were so many problems with the program the FCC used to
>calculate the new PSRA and PSSA authorizations that they have to rework it.
>All authorizations issued last week are being rescinded. You can continue to
>use your current authorizations, excep that there may be something in the
>final release about using the April authorizations in March.

If I had a heart, I'd feel sorry for all you poor guys using Windows
systems to wrestle with the FCC and your clocks.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=307&tag=nl.e589 excerpts:

  Microsoft's online DST chat room - which Microsoft is currently keeping open
  from 6 a.m. PST to 9 p.m. PST to handle customers' questions - is full of
  customers who can't get their DST patches to work. Microsoft support phone
  lines are jammed with users with DST problems.

  "I was requested to call Microsoft support because of my particular
  problem," Marsh said. "I called Microsoft support. I was 117th in the queue
  and was informed the wait was 3 hours. I waited 4 hrs and 45 minutes but no
  one ever picked up. If I hear Microsoft hold music again I think I'll go
  mad. The bottom line is 'Hello Microsoft! There is a problem!' and we have
  something like 42 hours to figure this out."

Jeez, it almost sounds worthwhile staying up until 0700 UTC or whatever it
is Sunday AM.  Or watching C-Span when the Congressional hearings happen.
Or start an office pool as to when standard time returns this year.
Wouldn't it just be icing on the cake if WHDH-TV loses the feed to WLVI-TV
then too?

     -Ric Werme