Daylight Savings time Patches for this weekend

Eric Aiese eric@ericaiese.com
Mon Mar 5 12:50:06 EST 2007

> Well, if they're correctly designed they have a *rule* for the
> change-over rather than a specific date (which would have to be
> fiddled every year).

The problem this year is that the rule has changed -- Congress moved the
changeover from April to the second week of March, so any existing
formulas would derive the wrong day.

On the bright side, this was announced several years ago, iirc, so recent
software should be aware of it.  I guess I'll be up late Saturday night to
make sure we stay on the air.

Eric