Greater Media tries to reach youth...with HD station

Roger Kolakowski rogerkola@aol.com
Sat Mar 3 14:49:35 EST 2007

Actually that would be a great promotion for the "new channel" Tony,
simulcast it on the internet along with the  broadcast, the listeners can
get it at home on their computers and then in their car on the new IBOC
compatible radios which have become the next logical step in the process.

The growth of early FM was mentioned, and the automakers became the impetus
that actually moved people to that band.

I just can't imagine how many knobs, buttons, presets, sliders etc. will be
on the next generation of auto radios (guess we'll have to call them
receivers?) and how any driver will figure out which MW,VHF,Sat Band 1, Sat
Band 2,Stereo, Mono, Digital signal they want to listen to (ala 57 channels
and nothings on...)

Anyone notice how many words in the above note are almost out of normal use?

Now to get my 60's Radio Shack FM car adaptor out to put in the glove
compartment of my 67 Mustang. ;-)

Roger
WA1KAT