AM Stereo?

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 13:54:27 EST 2007

> > From: Aaron Read <readaaron@friedbagels.com>
> To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:20:07 -0500
> Subject: AM Stereo?
>
> Does anyone know who, besides WJIB 740, still broadcasts
> in AM Stereo in the Boston area?

There are no other stations still broadcasting in analog
AM stereo in the area besides WJIB.

The last time I was out in Worcester with an AM stereo
well over a year ago, WVEI 1440 in Worcester still had
their AM stereo carrier and pilot on, though a straight
rebroadcast of a mono parent station (WEEI). I haven't
had a chance to check more recently if that's still the
case out there.

> From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
> To: "Aaron Read" <readaaron@friedbagels.com>,
>     "Boston Radio Interest"
> <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
> Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:11:31 -0500
> Subject: Re: AM Stereo?
>
> ... If 1430 were still running talk or if WILD were still
> running HD (or should that now read just "still running"?
> I haven't checked today to see if WILD is still on)...

WILD is still on the air right now, but they shut off their
IBOC a couple of months ago. AM HD in this area is now just
WBZ, WMKI, and WXKS-AM.

WBZ and WXKS-AM are in stereo on HD. I'm not sure, but I
think WMKI may be running a mono feed on their HD. I'll
have to listen more closely to check on that.

EP