Memories of John Garabedian and V-66...

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jun 20 02:27:36 EDT 2007

On 19 Jun 2007 at 10:36, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> WRKO-FM came along in 1965 or 6  and WKOX-FM went Top 40 after WJIB-FM
> clobbered them in the beautiful music department.

As I recall, it was when the FCC began to require AM-FM combos to do
a certain amount of separate programming that WRKO-FM began doing
automated rock & roll music  ARKO-Matic something or other.  The rest
of the time, they simulcasted WNAC as before.  Because this half-
hearted compliance with FCC regs actually drew an audience, the
Powers that Were converted WNAC into WRKO and started a top-40
format.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com