Cable Choice and Competition Act

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Jun 12 01:09:08 EDT 2007

On 11 Jun 2007 at 9:10, Brian Vita wrote:

> A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> > I know that Joseph Gallant used to (perhaps still does) have a
> > program on Norwood cable, which I believe may even have been
> > syndicated to other cable systems.  I appeared on his show once to
> > talk about old-time radio, and I was impressed with the size of his
> > studio audience of teenagers, who asked remarkably knowledgeable
> > questions (such as "Why did Zeppo leave the Marx Brothers movies?").
> >

> Well, why did he?

He wasn't really part of the act, he was an employee of the other
brothers, he didn't have a comedy role, and his screen time was
diminishing with each movie.  He decided to go into business as an
agent.  Gummo, the fifth brother, soon joined him in the agency and,
in fact, handled the three brothers' accounts.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com