WCRN (was: Re: WEEI 103.7 signal)

Doug Bassett hinsdalien@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 22:34:43 EDT 2007

--- Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
> Anyhow, for night games, I
> don't think WCRN is very useful at points more than
> a few miles west of a
> north-south line through the transmitter site in
> Leicester, which is about
> 10 miles west-northwest of downtown Worcester.

I had the radio in my car tuned to 830 on my way home
tonight, and WCRN was coming in reasonably well (by my
standards...a non-radio geek would likely disagree).
As I got closer to Greenfield on Route 2, there was
some fading/mixing with WEEU (which was running a
Phillies game), though for the most part WCRN was
dominant and listenable on my drive from Orange MA to
Brattleboro VT.  But I agree that the night signal
isn't very useful to the general listening public in
these parts...decent daytime signal though.

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro VT