WEEI 103.7 signal

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Fri Jul 13 14:58:28 EDT 2007

Yes....About 6PM at Greenfield IIRC

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Strassberg [mailto:dan.strassberg@att.net]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 9:57 AM
To: paul@derrynh.net; Boston Radio Interest
Subject: Re: WEEI 103.7 signal

You were driving during daylight hours, right? At that time, the pattern is
centered at (IIRC) 52 degrees. 52 degrees is pretty much northeast, but the
signal also goes quite far to the northwest and southeast. At night the
pattern centers on about 83 degrees (more or less due east) and narrows
noticeably as well. Moreover, the official nighttime-interference-free
contour is greater than 10 mV/m, although the station is generally
listenable quite a way outside that--as long as you can stand the awful
fades that often make the audio unintelligible. Anyhow, for night games, I
don't think WCRN is very useful at points more than a few miles west of a
north-south line through the transmitter site in Leicester, which is about
10 miles west-northwest of downtown Worcester.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367