WCCM

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:18:01 EDT 2007

A few months ago, I noticed that WCCM no longer had a local newscast following
the network newscast on the hour at 30-past.  I posted that observation
here, and in addition I called a WCCM talk show to discuss the lack of local
news on the station.  Bruce Arnold was in the studio at the time and said to
"stand by", that there would be further developments at Costa-Eagle soon.
So this is it.  I just visited their website,  http://www.1490wccm.com
which of course will have to be changed next week.  There was no indication
there about the switch to 1110, and the "news" on the home page was a week old.
(In  December and January, they won't be going on-the-air until 7:00 or 7:15
am).  You know, WCCM might be a candidate for an AM/FM-translator pairing
now being considered by the FCC.  For a time, Greater Media had a CP for a
translator on 93.3...since that's a channel in use by Providence-area FM's,
94.1 and 98.1 would be further possibilities (98.1 is a bit farther away in New
Bedford).

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!