Arcing Electrical Junction Box Knocks WFEA & WZID Off The Air

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 20:41:09 EDT 2007

   Manchester radio stations WFEA (1370) & WZID (95.7) were knocked off the
air earlier today when arcing wires in an electrical junction box above a
ceiling at the 500 Commercial St. building forced power to be cut. An
emergency generator which came on after power was cut to the building had to
be shut down to allow repairs to be made, bringing the stations dark. It's
not mentioned in the New Hampshire Union Leader article, but I believe WMLL
(96.5) is also located in the affected building, and I would guess they too
must have been knocked off the air. Repairs appear to have been completed,
as I just found WZID to be back on the air.

  Link to the Union Leader story:
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Wiring+fire+forces+building+evacuation&articleId=61eecdae-08ec-4e92-8a1d-5e0bf16ded43

Mark Watson