Lots of avails on the WRKO Boston Red Sox Radio Network?

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Jul 13 18:05:58 EDT 2007

Now that I'm home, I looked it up.  The two billion call letter
impressions were done over twelve weeks:  the eight-week rating period
(back then) and the four-week period immediately before the rating
period when (presumably) listening habits are formed.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: Wollman, Garrett <wollman@bimajority.org>
Schweiger, Sid <SCS@entercom.com>
CC: BRI <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
Creation Date: 7/13 5:24 pm
Subject: Re: Lots of avails on the WRKO Boston Red Sox Radio Network?

I may have figured it out. Suppose you multiply the number of times
per week WABC actually aired its calls by the number of listeners in
an average quarter hour. I don't know if even that could work out to 2
billion. 2*10^9/4*10^3=5*10^5. It would work out if WABC had 500,000
listeners in an AQH. 500,000 sounds awfully high even in the huge New
York market, but maybe it's not impossible. The implication would seem
to be that ~5% of the entire population of the market was tuned to 770
every hour of every day. After all, as they say, figures don't lie but
liars do figure and hyperbole is not exactly unknown to broadcasters
;>)

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367