Lots of avails on the WRKO Boston Red Sox Radio Network?

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Fri Jul 13 15:08:18 EDT 2007

Yes, they DO call it the WEEI Red Sox Radio Network on Wednesdays.

But the Patriots are on the WBCN Rock Radio Network, so it's not like
RKO/EEI is doing something so unusual...

(WTPL, especially with the Pats, will have board ops that sometimes lets all
the Boston station content through even though it's quite clear to me (and
I'm not even in the business) that the stop set is designed for local adds
on affiliates

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

(BTW: Don't get me wrong, I like listening to WTPL...)

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Laurence Glavin
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 1:07 PM
To: chuckigo@maine.rr.com; Scott Fybush
Cc: BRI
Subject: Re: Lots of avails on the WRKO Boston Red Sox Radio Network?

(>on our trip northward (family vaca in DC). i did hear one "wrko" that
>slipped thru, but otherwise, they covered those up very nicely.
>- -Chuck Igo

Can somebody explain to me why the affiliates don't INSIST that the
originating
station not use their call letters before the station break? It must not be
required or WTIC wouldn't talk over the WRKO calls (do they use WEEI on
Wednesdays?).
in some cases, WRKO may be in the driver's seat, able to tell WGIR to go
screw
and then flip the Sox to 1250....but in other situations, the affiliate may
have the game boy because IT's the only signal in a particular market.
On the Met broadcasts, they don't say "this is the WQXR-Metropolitan Opera
Network!)

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!