When WKOX-AM Goes To 50 KW...

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jul 10 18:50:30 EDT 2007

<<On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:44:43 -0500, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com> said:

> All of the above is premised on the assumption that radio station owners
> are rational.

No, it's predicated on the assumption that I have some idea how Clear
Channel's management and new owners think.  I could of course be
completely mistaken, and I'm certainly not under the delusion that
they (or any other humans) are the rational utility-maximizers that
economists assert them to be.  Wall Street types are as prey to fads
as anyone else (perhaps more so).  But private-equity investors like
their companies to be focused, and that's something that Clear Channel
has had precious little of in a long time.

-GAWollman