When WKOX-AM Goes To 50 KW...

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:44:43 EDT 2007

All of the above is premised on the assumption that radio station owners
are rational.  If so, WWZN wouldn't continue to be all-sports and WTTT would
try something else.  (WCRB, under Charles River "management, with a
year-to-year 1-million-dollar decline in revenue, might have switched
to a more WQXR-like format...ultimately they managed to get out from
under Ted Jones's codicil.)  We've just had some conglomerates switch
to all-sports in markets with multiple, underperforming outlets broadcasting
that format (Houston for one).  CCU famously tried it with a high-rated FM
in Madison, WI.  A nearby liberry carries the Harvard Business Review(tm)
magazine (which is subscriber-only on the internets), so I've only
perused it occasionally;  I think it would be very interesting if they
(or some other prominent business schoool...yes there are others) really
did a study of radio.  I wonder if it's been done.

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!