When WKOX-AM Goes To 50 KW...

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jul 10 15:39:36 EDT 2007

<<On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:59:16 -0500, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com> said:

> One thing that's guaranteed (I'd stake my reputation on it; I have
> nothing to lose) is that CCU will flip the frequency to something
> other than Radio Rumba, possibly the kind of talk on other stations

I wouldn't bet on it.  The 1200 signal, even post-upgrade, will still
be a second-tier signal.  I don't have any inside information, but I
do wonder whether Clear Channel is really going to hang on to their
Boston "cluster" for the long term.  It's not one of the ones that
they are currently looking to sell, but it's an oddball operation for
them and one they would probably do well to sell if given the
opportunity to do so.  (It's probably too big for Nassau to acquire,
and Entercom couldn't buy and wouldn't want the whole thing.  There's
nobody else who would benefit enough from owning those stations to
make it worth the cost of capital.)

-GAWollman