When WKOX-AM Goes To 50 KW...

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:59:16 EDT 2007

One thing that's been overlooked in all the brew-ha ha (what you get if you mix
hops, malt, yeast, water and laughing gas) over the Howie Carr-to-WTKK effect on
WRKO's fortunes is the fact that construction is moving apace at the new
Sawmill Brook Parkway site for WKOX-AM 1200.  One thing that's guaranteed
(I'd stake my reputation on it; I have nothing to lose) is that CCU will
flip the frequency to something other than Radio Rumba, possibly the kind of
talk on other stations the Company owns: Rush, Glenn Beck, maybe even Michael
Weiner.  That would leave even other holes in the 'RKO lineup.  Would they
counter with cherry-picked lib talk?  Stephanie Miller?  Thom HartmannThom Hartmann?
Ed Schultz?  It will be a v-e-r-y  i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g fall season!

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!