Herald: Music fee hikes could scuttle WJIB

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Jan 27 11:44:53 EST 2007

Stephanie Weil wrote:

> Jeeze. :(
>
> If Bob ends up having to sell the station, maybe one of us, or a bunch of
> us here, could get together and buy it for a nominal price?  With the
> stipulation that we could keep the format going as is or ownership reverts
> to Bob?
>
> Sure we won't get rich quickly (if at all) by doing it...but as a public
> service?
>
> 'JIB sounds like what I'd like to do if I had a radio station, for sure.
>
> --
> steph

Given how we have a hard enough time TALKING about radio here without
flaming each other out, do you really think that we could RUN a radio
station without killing each other?  Try picking a format!  Let's see,
beautiful music, long-haired classical for the elite, smooth jazz,
blues, folk, "progressive" talk, conservative talk, local talk.  We
could do a different format each hour!

Brian