Herald: Music fee hikes could scuttle WJIB

Stephanie Weil stephanie@gordsven.com
Thu Jan 25 12:41:44 EST 2007

On Thu, January 25, 2007 12:23, Bob Nelson wrote:
. Now he may have to ask listeners to donate, or may
> have to sell
> the station (another option could be libtalk but Bob likes airing his
> "good music"...)
>
> Details in Herald article
>
> http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=179066

Jeeze. :(

If Bob ends up having to sell the station, maybe one of us, or a bunch of
us here, could get together and buy it for a nominal price?  With the
stipulation that we could keep the format going as is or ownership reverts
to Bob?

Sure we won't get rich quickly (if at all) by doing it...but as a public
service?

'JIB sounds like what I'd like to do if I had a radio station, for sure.

--
steph