WJIB

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu Jan 25 21:11:50 EST 2007

<<On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:50:55 -0500, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com> said:

> Hmmm...this means that with WHEB-AM 750 gone, WJIB-AM could in fact
> have boosted its power in the past, even without the Bob Bittner
> co-ownership.

Certainly could have, and nearly did (pre-Bob).  That construction
permit was never built; it would have required an expensive
directional array and a change in city of license (to Needham, IIRC).
If I remember our conversation about it from several years ago, the CP
was still outstanding when Bob bought the station, but he didn't think
it made any financial sense (which is probably correct).

-GAWollman