Classical change in Washington DC

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:34:48 EST 2007

I was thinking about daytime-contour-overlap when I read on NERW that
WWDJ-AM 970 Hackensack NJ would be boosting its power to 50,000 watts.
I know that radio-locator.com is for entertainment purposes only, but
currently WWDJ's coverage map there shows a positive lobe over Long
Island Sound, towards New Haven's WELI-AM 960.  I guess it's acceptable
to both because both frequencies have been in use for decades.  I wouldn't
be surprised if the pattern WWDJ adopts to reduce daytime intereference to
WELI results in a possible LOSS of listeners somewhere along the line.
I didn't take notes, but my *Sam Adams besotted brain tells me that's
why no owner of WJIB-AM 740 ever boosted the wattage of that outlet
because it would cause over-water interference to the 730 in Bath, ME
(now coincidentally owned for now by the same individual).

*(Can't forget to take that case of Sam Adams I have in the garage to
save refrigerator space into the house.)

=
Nationwide Home Inspection Training
American Home Inspectors Training Institute provides hands-on and home-study Home Inspection Training courses, as well as software, web sites, books, videos, checklists and more.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=3ccd6db6be4d7cadbebbd43e6de104b0