WXRV (was Classical change...)

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Thu Jan 25 13:46:09 EST 2007

> > From: Shawn Mamros <mamros@MIT.EDU>
> CC: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> To: Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:43:38 -0500
> Subject: Re: Classical change in Washington DC
>
> The Table allotments were based on city of license,
> not transmitter location, right?  If so, WXRV wouldn't
> have been a major change, because only the transmitter
> went to Andover; they're still licensed to Haverhill.
> (Either that, or they've been doing all of their legal
> IDs wrong...)

Actually, WXRV has not moved their transmitter, nor are
they applying to. For some reason they changed their COL
to Andover, but their transmitter remains in Haverhill.

Why they did this, I have no idea. I know they want to
image as a Boston station, but I'm sure their signal
doesn't cover Boston well enough to make it their COL,
and they can't move the transmitter (significantly) any
closer due to a number of other stations. I don't think
they could even move it to Andover without a major power
reduction.

Perhaps they want to build a new studio facility (or at
least a sales office) in a town that's at least along a
highway to Boston (Route 93), than stay to in Haverhill
which is sort of off the beaten path geographically.

EP