Only one Dave MacNeil at WCRB

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jan 17 01:07:05 EST 2007

On 16 Jan 2007 at 8:56, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I don't know. I have the impression that the elder MacNeil--Dave--has
> been at WCRB since the '60s. He is now probably semi-retired.

Quite possibly.  Sometime in the late '60s I inquired about a summer
announcing job at WCRB, and I think Dave MacNeil was the guy I met
with.  He gave me a test with a lot of foreign names, and I wasn't
good enough at pronouncing them.  But he was very nice about it and
told me how I could improve if I was interested, eventually, in
announcing classical radio.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581