A Broadcast TV License May Be Worth Something After All

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Tue Feb 27 11:03:52 EST 2007

Brian Vita wrote:

> I have Comcast Digital cable with their DVR at my house and I see some
> strange things, particularly in HD.  For example:
>
> On the much debated Chronicle show, for the first 5-10 minutes of the show,
> the picture would block pixelate and the sound would get choppy.  It did
> this until the first commercial break with was in SD then cleared up on
> return.

Did you experience this pixellation & choppy sound while watching live
or from the DVR?  Pixellation & choppy sound can be the result of
poorly-corrected and/or excessive hard drive errors during playback i.e.
bad sectors.