[B-R-I] Re: Sirius, XM feel the urge to merge?

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:47:24 EST 2007

Dave "Mike Thomas" Tomm wrote,

 > I haven't read the article, but FCC Chairman
 > Kevin Martin has previously stated that any merger
 > between the two satcasters would be struck down by
 > the agency.  I'm sure the two services would love to
 > merge, since satellite radio is not experiencing the
 > rapid growth it once was, but it's not going to happen.

Yeh, and as is usually the case when a little heat becomes
apparent, a "change of heart" takes place:

http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRWebSite/Search.aspx?search=martin%20fcc%20jan

Fourth story down:

      Martin: Satellite Radio Merger A No-Go

© By Jeffrey Yorke
©
© Message to Wall Street warriors excited about the
© prospects of a Sirius and XM satellite radio
© merger: Stuff a sock in it. It ain’t gonna happen.
©
© FCC chairman Kevin Martin didn’t use those exact words
           <snip>
© but he made it clear

then, the very next day, (third story down):

      Flip-Flop By FCC Top

© By Jeffrey Yorke
           <snip>
© Martin told Reuters reporters at a New York conference
© that an FCC rule against a merger for the fledgling
© satcasters could be changed if the two companies requested
© it. He added that he was not aware of any request to
© change the rule,

(BTW, I don't know about everyone else, but I think R&R's new
  web page format suc-, er, %^@#&*!! P=)

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: