Sirius, XM feel the urge to merge?

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon Feb 19 19:09:44 EST 2007

>>I haven't read the article, but FCC Chairman Kevin Martin has
previously stated that any merger between the two satcasters would be
struck down by the agency.  I'm sure the two services would love to
merge, since satellite radio is not experiencing the rapid growth it
once was, but it's not going to happen.<<

Only problem is, that's not what he said.  He said that *under present
FCC rules* the merger would not occur.  Rules can be altered or waived
upon application and Commission approval.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379