FCC Allows Pirate To Stay On The Air?

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 07:08:57 EST 2007

> >I too was surprised to read about this on allaccess.com;  I'm
> >assuming this area of Nevada is not particularly loaded with
> >FM signals, and it shouldn't give too much hope to the folks running
> >the pirate on 106.1 in Dorchester/Mattapan.
> >(Hey it's two weeks since the El Globo story and the FCC
> >hasn't shut them down yet...
>
> These days, the FCC seems not to awaken unless somebody
> complains.  Has anyone lodged a complaint or do people just not mind
> that pirate stations are on the air? Years ago, it seems, there were
> more people willing to complain, or perhaps there were more radio
> inspectors.

106.1 (as well as most others) have already received Notices of Unlicensed
Operation from the FCC. These notices seem to usually do no good around
here. Florida seems to be the only state these days where they will actually
do a raid/arrest for a pirate.

http://diymedia.net/fccwatch/eadtable07.htm

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA