WBZ-TV 4 rebranding

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Tue Feb 6 12:00:34 EST 2007

I liked the X-15 Air Force (Of course I was 13 years old at the time)

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry, New Hampshire

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Doug Drown
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:06 AM
To: Brian Vita; Don A
Subject: Re: WBZ-TV 4 rebranding

My relatives in Schenectady --- including my 22-year-old cousin-removed, who
is anything but a broadcasting geek --- still refer to "CBS6" as WRGB.
Heritage calls do make a difference.  I remember cringing when, in the early
'70s, WMEX rechristened itself "X-15."  I thought, "And the point of this is
. . . ?"

-Doug