Guy starts a LP station in Concord.

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Feb 2 02:09:31 EST 2007

On 1 Feb 2007 at 18:35, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Well, nobody can accuse WCRB of being very adventurous in its music
> selection. I would be quite interested to know the total number of
> selections in their rotation. A few weeks ago, I guessed at 40 total. I
> think the number is actually a little higher, but not a lot.

The article in last week's TAB says that the current management cut
the number in half.

> There are so
> many thoroughly familiar selections in the limited genre of old war-horses
> that they play, I can't imagine that that they'd turn off any of the
> listeners with ultra-conservative taste to whom they seem to want to cater
> were they to double, triple, or even quintuple the play-list.

My thought exactly.  And the classical audience doesn't really care
if they recognize the selection being played.  There are lots of
Mozart and Haydn symphonies, and they all sound good.  The classical
audience doesn't want to hear the same three selections over and
over.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581