WEGP-AM 1390 Presque Isle, ME Audible Here

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sun Dec 23 16:38:18 EST 2007

A few days ago, I noticed a bit of splatter on WLLH-AM 1400 operating from just its
Lowell transmitter (the Lawrence stick has been silent for months).  When I tuned down
to 1390, Rush was on and quite audible;  I heard no station ID, but a lot of stations
carry his show.  Then the northern New England board said that WEPG-AM 1390 in Presque Isle,
ME had turned on its 25,000-watt transmitter so I went to wegp.net, and sure enough,
it displayed a coverage map reflecting its power increase, and a schedule that includes
Rush Limbaugh (and Howie Carr), so that's undoubtedly what I was hearing.  The chances are that
during this low-angle-sun period, many listeners in  New England can expect to get WEGP as well.

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?