Do People Still Read The Trades?

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Sun Dec 16 08:52:43 EST 2007

At 11:52 PM 12/15/2007, Don A wrote:

>Just R&R now..."Radio & Records".  Thats all I read in paper form.
>
>Tom Taylors column (from Radio-Info) is emailed to me...so I don't
>need Inside Radio anymore.
>
>I haven't found anyhthing in Billboard worth reading in a long time.

Gotta agree with you on Billboard.  I don't think any station I've
worked for has subscribed to that since the early 90s.  Way too
expensive, and what few articles and/or news that's relevant to radio
are old news by the time they're published.  Even the charts seem to
be a few weeks behind R&R.  The Hot 100 is essentially useless in
these fragmented times.  About 10 years ago when station I was MD of
did a Saturday-night mix show, I'd go to the library and photocopy
the dance charts, but that was about it.

I haven't been in programming since 2000, but R&R seems to be about
the only trade I still see in the PDs' offices.