Fybush: Where WEEI simulcasts will air

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Mon Aug 20 20:36:20 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Tomm" <nostaticatall@charter.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>; "Bob Nelson"
<raccoonradio@mail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: Fybush: Where WEEI simulcasts will air

> I don't know who holds the Fox Sports affiliation in Portland (WZAN?) so
> they may not be able to use FSR the way WEEI does on overnights and fringe
> shifts.

WZAN runs FSR all the time on the weekends.  JJ could offer more time.

JJ does run Jim Rome from Noon to 3 each day.  So Sporting News is limited
to nights, weekends, overnights, 10 to Noon, and 3 to 4.

>JJ could make a run at ESPN if he's willing to clear more hours per week
>than the Nassau stations once they switch to WEEI.  I'm sure the Worldwide
>Leader would want him to clear Mike and Mike though, which he may not be
>willing to do if he's currently live in that daypart.  It will be
>interesting to see how it all pans out.

JJ could offer more time than the Nassau stations in Maine, but I don't
think JJ would have any interest in dumping his local morning show.  He
expanded by an hour within the last year, plus added a two hour afteroon
show.