Fybush: Where WEEI simulcasts will air

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Aug 20 20:06:01 EDT 2007

Sporting News Radio has been on life support for awhile now.  They've
shed a lot of salary since Paul Allen sold them off.  They've even
shuttered their Chicago studios and are renting studio space in LA
somewhere.  You have to wonder how much longer they can survive being
the #3 sports radio network.  It's also possible that the Nassau sports
stations may keep their ESPN affiliations, at least for the short term.
  They will need to air something during Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots
Monday coverage.  I don't know who holds the Fox Sports affiliation in
Portland (WZAN?) so they may not be able to use FSR the way WEEI does
on overnights and fringe shifts.  JJ could make a run at ESPN if he's
willing to clear more hours per week than the Nassau stations once they
switch to WEEI.  I'm sure the Worldwide Leader would want him to clear
Mike and Mike though, which he may not be willing to do if he's
currently live in that daypart.  It will be interesting to see how it
all pans out.

The other thing to keep in mind is there are several Nassau stations
not yet identified which will carry WEEI.  Manchester/Concord is one
region yet to be named but it's possible that one or two of the FM's in
the current W-Bach quadcast could be involved.  The two AM's would not
have much of a range at night.  Adding an FM or two to the mix could
make things difficult for the Jeffery stations...

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"