Listo Fisher

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Mon Aug 20 15:21:19 EDT 2007

> > From: "Paul B Currier" <PaulBCurrier@comcast.net>
> To: <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>,
> 	"Todd Glickman" <glickman@MIT.EDU>
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:17:25 -0400
> Subject: Re: Listo Fisher
>
> And wasn't the talented Listo host of the excellent
> jazz show - "The Real Quiet Storm" evenings at 6 on
> WUMB before they went all folk?

I don't recall Fisher ever hosting that show on WUMB.
The longtime former host of "Quiet Storm" on WUMB was
Ken Yarbrough, who has more recently been active in
Boston politics as a legislative writer for the city
and the chief information officer for city councilor
Charles Yancey, among other jobs and positions.

When Yarbrough and "Quiet Storm" were let go, it not
only consolidated the folk format, it also eliminated
a DJ salary. Ken was not replaced by anyone. The folk
format now goes live until 7 PM weeknights (midnight
with specialty shows on Saturday nights only), after
which the automation system takes it with syndicated
folk and roots music programming mainly from NPR and
PRI, and other recorded archival or special programs.

EP