It's not WEEI vs. WCRB - it's WEEI *and* WCRB

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Aug 17 12:48:36 EDT 2007

One complicating factor in the Greater Media-to-Nassau handoff of 99.5 was
GM picking up a Trenton, NJ outlet that is subsequently moved closer to
Philadelphia.  This may have resulted in Nassau getting FM channel 258 for
less of a cash payout than a mere perusal of the books would indicate (I
recall that Garrett posted a summary of the transaction that would make Jim Cramer's
hair hurt...hair?)  About a year before Charles River unloaded WCRB at 102.5,
bostonradiowatch.com indicated the station's revenues two-years prior to one-year
prior dropped nearly one-million dollars.  Someone posting to universalhub.com
after the story about Dennis and Callahan broke indicated that Nassau couldn't
line up any sponsors for the Concerts at Copley this year, and the concerts at the
Hatch Shell (subsequent to the 4TH of July extravaganza) were really under the aegis
of the Boston Landmarks Orchestra with WCRB along for the ride.

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com !