It's not WEEI vs. WCRB - it's WEEI *and* WCRB

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Aug 17 13:29:26 EDT 2007

Have you ever heard of something called "stick value?" I think it's
supposed to establish a floor under a station's value. I forget the
mutiple, but station prices are usually also supposed to approximate a
certain multiple of cash flow. Before moving from Newton to Andover,
WCRB was billing about $8 million annually, IIRC. In all likelihood,
that resulted in a cash flow of maybe $3 million. I don't know if a
multiple of 20 is reasonable or not--sounds high--but we need someone
better versed in radio station financials to take a stab at WCRB's
fair-market value.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com>
To: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>; "Bob Nelson"
<raccoonradio@mail.com>; "Jeff Lehmann" <jjlehmann@comcast.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Cc: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@khavrinen.csail.mit.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: It's not WEEI vs. WCRB - it's WEEI *and* WCRB

>----- Original Message -----

Never one to let an opportunity to plunge a knife into WCRB's back and
twist it (the knife, that is), Mr Glavin wrote:

One complicating factor in the Greater Media-to-Nassau handoff of 99.5
was
GM picking up a Trenton, NJ outlet that is subsequently moved closer
Philadelphia.  This may have resulted in Nassau getting FM channel 258
for
less of a cash payout than a mere perusal of the books would indicate
(I
recall that Garrett posted a summary of the transaction that would
make Jim Cramer's
hair hurt...hair?)  About a year before Charles River unloaded WCRB at
102.5,
bostonradiowatch.com indicated the station's revenues two-years prior
to one-year
prior dropped nearly one-million dollars.  Someone posting to
universalhub.com
after the story about Dennis and Callahan broke indicated that Nassau
couldn't
line up any sponsors for the Concerts at Copley this year, and the
concerts at the
Hatch Shell (subsequent to the 4TH of July extravaganza) were really
under the aegis
of the Boston Landmarks Orchestra with WCRB along for the ride.

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com !