Original WGBH logo

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Sun Aug 12 14:53:55 EDT 2007

While we're on the subject of the original WGBH-TV signon/off, here's a
long-standing question of mine: Does anyone remember the original WGBH logo?
If my memory is correct, it consisted of an X topped with horizontal lines
at the top and bottom, and two small O's, one at each side.  At first glance
it kinda-sorta seemed like a stylized version of an owl.  I never knew what,
if anything, it meant, though it looked like a Native American or Inuit
symbol of some kind.

-Doug