WROR/WBMX

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Wed Aug 8 17:42:17 EDT 2007

The same reasons that "real oldies" didn't take off in Chicago,
Cincinnati and other markets.  The format attracted a 55+ audience that
agencies didn't want to cater to.  The few advertisers who do target
older demos want to reach them during the day 6a-7p.  1520AM has a
spotty day signal in parts of the Buffalo market.  The station's
strength is it's huge regional night signal, and realistically most
people who like the format would probably not be tuned in during those
hours.  And that's not even getting into the whole "music on AM" thing.
  Plus, their potentially huge regional night audience does not get
ratings books for the Buffalo market.  While the execution wasn't bad,
the format had too much going against it to work.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"