WROR/WBMX

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Mon Aug 6 16:54:31 EDT 2007

Paul Connors wrote:
> It also marked a
> chance for a fresh start for a station where the call letters (the "brand
> name") had been used for multiple formats over the years and no longer
> described a familiar "product" to the listener.

And let me guess, they delivered this message to  the staff with a
straight face?  WROR calls kicked butt all over town. The _only_ people
who knew of any "format" changes to WROR over the years were the dweebs
who were tweaking the format clock and recurrent (etc.) rack.  Yes,
indeed, there are programmers who add or delete a couple of toe-tappers
to the "B" rotation, drive home all giddy and agog, and then stay up all
night under the covers with a flashlight, pillow speaker, Marvel Comic
book while wearing Superman pajamas.  And that's how call letters get
changed.  And come on, folks, am I the only dweeb, er, guy who
immediately though of a kid's bike the first time the 'BMX calls hit the
air?  We're talking banana seat, sissy bar, playing cards in the spokes
and that is supposed to skew older?  (cough)   I feel better now.

Bill O'Neill