WROR/WBMX

Paul Connors paulconnors@earthlink.net
Mon Aug 6 15:36:11 EDT 2007

The call letter changed happened in February, 1991.  I was a part-time
announcer there at the time.  The original intent of the new station was to
"Mix" in a lot of Motown/R&B hits with Adult Contemporary music to take
some of the older listeners listeners from Kiss-108.  It also marked a
chance for a fresh start for a station where the call letters (the "brand
name") had been used for multiple formats over the years and no longer
described a familiar "product" to the listener.

Paul Connors

<dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> > AM adopted the WRKO calls. But when did the 98.5 calls change to WROR?
And
> > was it already owned by CBS or one of its predecessors when it became
Mix